Monday 5 December 2016

Frost and Fire

I feel as though I almost burnt the house down today. I probably didn’t; but the fire did get a bit out of control. It was far too hot to get near which made turning it down a struggle, but I did it. It is an old solid fuel fire that heats the houses water. The issue was to much air got into the closed system so it burnt through the coke fast and violently.

By the time I had realised it was over an hour since I have stoked it up so it had plenty of time to run away. I turned the heating on and well as ran off some tap water which both helped. Strange that I got distracted but I'm not sure it would have been a disaster. All sorted now and all that was lost was half a load of coke and some of my nerves.

 Outlined

One Song, its a thing I hope I can keep going. I have been looking for excuses to write more and this has been around in my mind most of the year. I will focus on one song that I like and do a small write up on it. My first plan was to go into some detail but I feel its more important to say what it means to me rather than what it is at a technical level.

As I said I have had plans for a while and even started a write up on 39' by Queen. I'm not sure where that file went but my plan is different now so I will do it some other time. The next one I think I will tackle will be: 'And Then There Was Silence' by Blind Guardian. If I keep this streak up it could come soon.

Winter Coat

I have binged my way through a new podcast over the weekend. The Mental Podcast. It is by a comedian I found early this year and went through his other podcast [The Parapod] it was a treat and since following him on twitter I have gained an understanding of his work. It is a podcast that takes a look at mental well being. HE talks through events and issues with people who have suffered or helped others.

It may not be an easy listen for some but I found it very interesting and well presented. Issues like the ones from the show have been something I have been aware of and its interesting to see from the eyes of people who deal (or try to deal) with mental issues.

Frozen Firework

I have started on my winter path and bought some cough sweets and the like. I have had a bit of a sore throat for week or so, its one that hasn’t affected me much but has just been annoying. It makes swallowing something I notice and I have been hacking up some flem but not a disruptive amount.

Wow look at me being wordy today. I may just be on a writing upswing but I think I will capitalise on it. The is so much I want to get down in words but the last month was a struggle. Its coming easy today and my typing speed is fast, I'm not thinking much its just flowing out. I can feel sentences arranging in my head and even change last second before my fingers tap it out.

Anyway I think I should end this off and move onto something a different.

No comments:

Post a Comment