Thursday 8 December 2016

A Mixture of Festive Feelings

The Christmas season is now here in full force. I'm even getting into the act a bit early this year.

I have sent out a gift for the Reddit gift exchange and have got some ideas about presents for people. I got my first Christmas card the other day and have realised I don't have any, I thought I had a pack or two laying around but they have vanished.

Carol of the Bells

I have even started to listen so some Christmas music of my own choice. I can't stand being bombarded by what the radio plays. I have gone for a more classical approach. And have made a playlist consisting of mainly Trans-Siberian Orchestra who have three dedicated Christmas albums and they are great.

On a sadder note the man behind of of my favourite Christmas songs had died, Greg lake. 'I Believe in Farther Christmas' is fantastic and is the style I love. As will be seen in an upcoming 'One song' Blog post. His work for King Crimson is great and he has had some minor input into TSO.

I Believe in Farther Christmas - Greg Lake

I have two planned out two One Song posts; one a Christmas song and another by the greatest band of all time (Well I think so). Not sure when they will be done as I'm away this weekend and I have a lot on my plate next week. Its a feature that I like to do I just hope I can keep it up. The are many songs that through my life have made a mark on me, this gives me a change to tell their story.

All the tracks in this blog are runners up for song to write about, they are all fantastic and this last one is stellar. As an aside the video embed feature for Blogger is crap! It make finding a video I want next to impossible. Why it doesn’t let me embed a link I don't know. It's backwards and probably will never be fixed.

Christmas Eve/Sarajevo 12/24 - TSO 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment