Saturday 24 December 2016

Christmas Eve 2016

So it's Christmas eve. The day before a day of festivity’s and gifts.

Can't say that over the last few years I have been into it. The run up is by far the worst part of the current Christmas season. The fact it is correct to call it a season shows the main issue. All of the energy is put into the weeks leading up to the day. Christmas is celebrated multiple times and it doesn’t take much for a collective lethargy to set in.

The day itself is nice enough, gathering with family eating well and going to mass. It has become a routine that works. Time to relax and enjoy the day of rest. It could just be my state of mind but I don't remember the last Christmas where I felt that it was important. Is Christmas Important? Yes. I can't go into why but to me it is. I can feel confidant my reasons are not like the norm but yes the day to me is good. Don't get me started on the following 12 days.

 Hard at Work

The Lost Christmas Eve is a great song. It's so good I did a write up on why I like it and what it mean to me. The song is great but my post on the other hand... I'm not sure.

I found it very hard to write. Not because its hard to set my thoughts strait on. It was getting my thoughts into words that was very hard. I found myself working on it for days, just a line here or there. I did get two large bursts at it and I hope I arranged it up into something that is worth reading. I haven’t re-read it since I posted it out of fear that I spouted nonsense.

Poinsettias

A Christmas storm is on its way it seems. Almost zero chance of snow but a power cut wouldn't be much of a surprise. Walking back home the other night at just gone past 11 was an ordeal. The paths were frozen and I could see the frost form around me. It was a bit chilly.

I can take this kind of weather for the most part, its almost nice to walk in a cold wind. Speaking of which a small tradition is to meet up with about 30 people and go for a short walk in Derbyshire. Usually it takes place in the gap between Christmas and new years. Been doing that for a good ten or so years.

This year it's a short five mile stroll near Eyam. Should be nice and hopefully I will get a few good photos. Just got to work out what boots to ware and what kit to take. I may do something interesting and post it one here. I have a few ideas forming but we will see.

It Keeps the Snow Off

I have got some more posts to come before the end of the year. A bunch of round up blogs from films to other media and a general year overview. It will be interesting to see what I can get out. I just hope I can keep up this kind productivity next year. Anyway its getting late and I have some relaxing to do.

- - -
Happy Christmas to all,
and to all a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment