Monday 31 December 2018

The Long Path Continues Into 2019

This must have been the longest year to have lasted as long as a year.


All things come to an end, apart from the ones that don't. I am ever-increasing given to the position that the construct of years is far too heavy given credence over our lives. (side note: what dose it say about me that my life is a path not a road?)

Like birthdays I find it to be tedious and rather dull. Life is far too complex to break down in equal chunks. My life has had many parts but not near as many as years I have been alive. I live by eras and I like the one I am in, one that I could say started this year but then it isn't also a clean line.


No looking back this year, only forward. Leaving behind me a wake of unwritten posts and other things that will be better for my life to be left behind me. The impact of the past on your life is massive but the past that you will make next will be greater if you focus on it.

I've not even had a drink yet and I'm being very abstract. I am finding the list of talking points I made for this post to be a mental wall, I think I will go back to having these posts as places to let free my wondering mind and clear up my head space.


Here's to the future. And here's to living in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment