Wednesday 13 April 2016

Drinking Hurts

How's that for a click bait type title.

I like a drink. Mostly only one at night usually, whilst watching a film or something. Sometimes I make a night of it with my mates but not that often. Just a nice drink and a good film or while doing some personal work is a nice way to round off the day.

I tend to stick to a few drinks I like, my main poisons are Guinness, Newcastle Brown, Hobgoblin or Gin and Tonic. I'm don't much care for larger or most other 'party' drinks. I like something with both taste and a body to it. In short I like my drinks.

Well tonight I ran into a issue.

Well I should back up to just before Christmas when I fell ill for a bit. I was floored for a few days when I tried a drink in the evening (after feeling a bit better that day). I got massive waves of pain and felt like crap for a bit longer. Silly me for not waiting until I was better, or so I thought.

Due to not drinking in Lent I've not had much to drink this year so far, and what I have had has mostly been Guinness or GnT. Well I decided to stock back up and decided to get some of my favourites, Hobgoblin and Newcastle Brown. That night I settled down to watch 'Tales from Earhsea' (yep that long ago, late blog is late) I chose to have pint of my Newcastle Brown.

Only two or three mouthfuls in I felt uncomfortable and started to get hot. After another drink got pain in my chest. Only maybe a third of my way into the pint I was in a fair bit of pain. I brought back memory's of before Christmas and recalled it was the same drink as then.

I felt terrible all night and for most of the next day.

I don't know why I now have this reaction to one of my favourite drinks, but it sucks. I just hope its not part of some larger intolerance issue. Its a shame but that's life and hey, I may have to try more ales to find a replacement.

[This post has been in the works for far too long (11 days), I must get better at finishing up my thoughts before they go out of date]

No comments:

Post a Comment