Friday 30 August 2013

Telephonophobia

I don't like phone calls.

Getting them is not so bad I even prefer it if I don't know who is calling. But having to call someone is hard for me and I'm not sure why. It could be because I prefer to join in a conversation not make one or just the sense that I could be disturbing someone.

In the past 2 days I have had to make a call. I did it yesterday but the person wasn't even in, so I had to call back today. And then all I got was a new number to call a different person on. I kind of chickened out a bit. I tracked down the persons Email and used that.

I do prefer to write emails. But sometimes this can cause it's own problems. My Dyslexia has a habit of rearing its head every now and then just to make things that bit more difficult for me. I must have taken me about 45 minutes to send a email which consisted of 2 sentences just because my mind went blank and had trouble putting word on paper (or screen).

I'm bad a writing at the best of times but that is mainly down to spelling and messing up a bit of grammar, Every now and then I just stare a the page and nothing comes out. Its very frustrating; especially since this blog is flowing out of my finger tips right now, but when i started it hours ago I only had 3 rough sentences now I have 4 big paragraphs with more to come.

It could by my social anxiety coming out or, I just don't like to converse too much especially with people I don't know. One on one is not so bad in real life for me, but being a child of the internet It is as if I feel anything I write down online (apart from here) can be seen my everyone. Which is daft it's only a email just like a text but only better in most ways.

I'm not sure what to do to combat this.

I think the old face you fears would work best but the thing there is what is making me face them?

No comments:

Post a Comment