Thursday 29 June 2017

Don’t Become the Poet

Not counting the words that got cut I wrote 2,264 over the past 3 days, including this blog. I'm going through a good phases it seems. I should put this towards something productive I guess.

Lighting the Way

That new One Song on‘The poet and the Pendulum’ took some time. I have had it in mind for months and listened to a lot it a week ago to start my initial thoughts. I took notes as I listened and read the lyrics at the same time. theses nots formed the basis for what I wanted the post to become. Spiting it up along the parts was obvious but how much to say in each was harder, the is a lot more going on in some but I gave descent coverage and hit all of my main points.

It took it a bit at a time, I wrote in floods then went back and did a pass over it to iron out any dodgy bits. when I had covered all 7 main parts I listened to the whole song again and thought about what I had written. I added a few bits, polished off the last few paragraphs and the first draft was done. Which came in at a count of 1573 words. I added in the style with the lyrics serving as good intros for each part.

I did a final pass over it to straiten out any bad spelling and grammar then left it for the day. Then the morning of the day I posted it I listen to the song again then read each part of the of the post out loud to my self. This helped catch missing words and helped the flow of the writing. The weren't many changes but the word count came in at a total of 1684. By far the longest one song post.

I had to get the styling to work in the Blogspot settings and find a video to stick at the top (not easy I've moaned about the video search before). One last look over then I was ready to go. I am proud of what I have managed to write and how fast it came together. About seven hours of writing time and as few in planning and pondering. I don’t think I will choose a long song next, but you never know what will strike my fancy.

Swan

The blog is going under a bit of a redesign. Probably nothing too drastic but I need to come up with a plan on how far to go and what I want this sight to be.

The background needed to change so I did just that. It is temporary but the final will be along the same simple lines. I just need to fight with the blog builder tools or learn more HTML and CSS. I should pick codeing back up again.

I want to keep the posts as the main focus of the site. Too many of the template designs wont work they squash things down to the title and a picture. It is good design but it’s not what I'm after. I will have to have a play about and see what happens when I break things.

Swedish Candles

I hope I can keep things together, a nice work and workout ethic. Even my sleep patten has gotten better, things are on the up. The is always a chance to fall like the Poet. But not if I can help it.

No comments:

Post a Comment