Saturday 7 January 2017

2017 A Plan?

We are now a week into 2017 and I think I have almost got some kind of a plan, on how to start to work out what to do this year.

This is going to be one with a bit more focus for me. I want less stuff to get away from me, the are things I need to keep on top of. I have got some ideas on how to make a start and it can be summed up in some short words: HEALTH, PRODUCTIVITY, DON'T, PLANNING and ME. Each covers a part of what I need to get to grips with this year. I will try to break each one down into, things to do. I have one or two things to mention towards the end.

 Perched

Health – This comes in two major parts, My intake and my output. I have made a good enough start at improving my diet, I have cut out energy drinks totally and have eaten less snacks and other 'junk' foods. Though I don't look like it, I do have a need to eat less and eat better. I have coasted on some good general fitness for a few years, now that I'm in my late 20s it wont be long until my body starts to rebel. I don't have a full plan yet but I have at least made a start.

As far as output goes this focus on exercise. This is a funny one for me, I like to think I get a lot and in some regards I do, but I don't do much in the way of a diverse range of activity’s. I could do with taking up a sport or routine but for now I have made a large focus on walking. I can get from town to home in a good 40 minutes but I need to do more than a core workout. I have some ideas forming I just need to find a place to do some exercises. I don't want to join a gym but that could be an answer.

Shadow Arch

This year will bring some other changes to how I work. I need a new computer. I could perhaps get away with my laptop for another year but I think it would get less effective and I would loose my mind. Looking into it I should be able to get something sorted out by October at the very latest perhaps by July.

I don't want this to be an expensive year but the are things around me that need sorting, so I have a new word of the moment. - Don't - If I think about treating myself to that new game or a DVD or a bag of sweets I think don't. It is a mental workout not to get a bottle of coke and a chocolate bar when I am wandering about town. I don't need it and it helps save health and money. It seems to be working so far. The main reason could be because I have decided to put a sticky note in my wallet and phone case so I see 'DON'T' several times a day.

Holding On

I need to be better at getting things done. Both for work and for myself. I have utilised my phone better and synced notes across devices as well and the calendar with I will use! I have far too often not known when important are due to happen, I should just be able to glance at my phone and know everything. I have tried diaries in the past but Google calendar should work out well.

Also slipping in under productivity is getting things done, I want to get out (or stay in) and take more photos. I need to keep my skills up and challenge myself a bit more. In the same way with my writing, I want to focus on getting more done both in terms of blogs and prose. I may even take a interesting step and do some stuff with pen a paper. That could have a nice side effect of improving my handwriting.

Frozen Mooring

Getting away from goals and such the are a few things I am looking forward to in the near future. I have made some headway into getting into classic gaming, I have a tone of options and I am tempted to make this year a year of old school gaming. I have played old games on and off over the last few years but I think I will make a push at it this year. It also has a benefit of being cheep.

'Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu' was a anime show from last year that impressed me so much I even did a nice little write up on it. It seems that the show though not very popular in the west (though the is a vocal cult following) it has a done well enough to get its second season. So for the next 13 weeks or so the even more long winded 'Shōwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjū: Sukeroku Futatabi-hen' (yep it's spelled different. It depends on who translated/ romanised it) is airing. I am very much looking forward to giving this a watch and the first episode is out so I know what I'm doing next.

I think I may start on a blog review of Mr Holmes today. The more I think about it the more I want to say. The are a tone of points both good and bad I want to mention. I think I will try to get that worked out soon.

Crosses

So the new year is well under way, I can't wait to see what it has in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment