Friday 4 November 2016

Remember Remember

A podcast has just ended that I have very much enjoyed. Its a podcast by the minds behind 'Welcome to Nightvale'. It only lasts ten episodes but uses a very interesting concept, relaxation/self help tapes. The help they offer is odd but they also get over some other things. The are hints at a larger story and an odd world.

A mix of weirdness and world-building with a fantastic narrator makes this a very worth wile series. I like how the arching story unfolded from with the concept of the self help tapes. The were time I felt for the narrator as she described her role and what she saw. They are doing a season two but I doubt it is a direct squeal. Very worth the time.


Marina

A bit of a phone update; I am liking it, a lot. The battery seems to last for a long time even with the increased use I am getting out of it. I have decided to use a full cover case for it it as opposed to a rubber backing. It gets in the way a bit but I will get used to it and it offers a damn sight more protection.

I have made an effort to use this phone better than my last. I have more data per month to use so I have been using it wisely. I also plan on using the contactless pay options and stuff as well. And I am using the damn calendar, lets see how long that lasts for...

Almost Ready To Fall

I have completed my Goodreads challenge of 40 books in a year a few months early; this is due to using audio books. Though an audio book takes almost twice as long to listen to as to read; I can fit in in better. ( I have got three stared dead tree book on my desk to finish) From walks to before bed at night or doing chores and mindless stuff.

I have listen to a lot over the last few years mainly fantasy and I could just be lucky but they were all great. Almost done with the third book of the 'First law trilogy' its pretty good. I wish I knew a bit more before going in book one. It would have been better at the time, but now I am where I’m at it makes sense.

Rear Guard

November the month of darkness and remembrance. Its going to be a busy one and one; I will have to manage it well but I should be ok. As a last aside I have signed up for Reddit's secret Santa again this year, it should be a bit of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment