Saturday 2 September 2017

Suddenly Autumn!

This seasons change has come in early this year. The feel of the air, the hint of cool rain and the dull day ending early. It all feels very autumnal.

Leaves have begun to turn and some of the sun sets over the last weeks have been stunning. To add feel my neighbour has spent the day taking down several tall conifers. The sound of the chainsaw in the distance mixed with the sound of chickens and wild birds paint a setting to be enjoyed.

All of this has only just dawned on me. I have been a bit distracted sine I came back from down south for a week. The hint of autumn has just caught me off guard as I was watering the garden. It likely will be a job I wont need to do much of soon and very likely one of the last times I do it in shorts and flip flops.

 
 Rail to Nowhere

 I have been back just shy of a week and my sleep has just about caught back up. The time has been a blur from working on over a 1000 photos from the week away to spending my birthday in Sheffield with some mates and catching up on the world as a whole.

I like going away with cadets but time gets very disconnected. Even if the is signal the is not much time to spent browsing the net. It is very odd to come back and to see what has changed. It puts some things into perspective, just how much media do I need to consume?

Things are getting back to normal, or probably a new normal. A few changes can't be bad. I have done well this year but the is always room for improvement.

Too Old For This

A small side note, I am very excited for a new season of the fantastic 'Within the Wires' podcast. The first season was only ten episodes but the conceit was awesome and the story was so impressively told. This second is looking to go off in a different direction but from the promos it sounds good.

Staying on the theme of upcoming story's; Brandon Sanderson's ‘Oathbringer’ is out in a month or two and the previews are getting me very excited. The Stormlight books are some of the best high Fantasy I have read and I can’t wait to get it into my hands. Though I'm not sure If my shelf can handle another book of its size.

Ending

Autumn my favourite time of the year. Be it on a nice sunny afternoon or a dull windy atmospheric day it all evokes nice feelings. I love the feel of being outsize be it urban or rural it just feels nice when you have the right frame of mind to enjoy nature.

I must spend more time away from my desk.

No comments:

Post a Comment